Introduction

Hi! Welcome to Sheny's Homemade Treats aka Sheny's Homemade Cakes. No occasion is complete without the perfect cake as a centerpiece that compliments your special occasion. Sheny's Homemade is providing high-quality custom cakes decorated with fondant icing. Every cakes are made from scratch using the finest ingredients and all bakes are freshly made-to-order. All our butter cakes are made from imported pure butter and all our cakes are preservative-free.

All our cakes are personally designed and hand crafted to perfection, incorporate with our clients input of ideas. If you have a specific theme or any special design in mind, feel free to email us at shenyshomemade@yahoo.com and we will try our very best to fulfill your request. Thank you.

Monday, September 20, 2010

BMW Convertible Car Cake


Don't we all wish to drive or own a BMW one day? I do...but at the mean time, having the chance to produce this BMW car cake is already a dream came through for me..LOL :P This is my very first BMW and my 2nd fondant 3D car cake. This project took me one whole day just on decorations. 3 hours before the delivery time I was only 80% done on the car and another 25pcs of cupcakes to decorate. Knowing that I may not finish on time, I called up the customer to ask for an extension of another half an hour. Luckily, she was OK with it. I felt bad about it for not being able to deliver on that specific time. I was really in a rush and underestimate the time needed for this cake. Nevertheless, I'm so glad that the whole thing turn into a piece.


Zima forwarded a few pics from the net for my reference. She wanted a BMW convertible car cake with two teddy bears sitting in the car. I was like OMG! Now how do I do that? My imaginations started to run wild and our discussions started over exchanging emails and YM. My main reference was from Elitecakesdesign Australia but I made my own changes to give it a ME touch. Don't ask me what model or series of BMW this is coz I have no idea...ha! :P


                                      Two loving couple teddies went for a ride in the most comfortable car..



The details of the rims were made of an edible image. Couldn't have done the exact with just fondant.


                Let's just say the model of the car is year 2010 ZOOL24 series white  BMW convertible car. :)



And the male teddy bear started to feel romantic by putting his hands on to the female teddy's shoulder.. LOL :P


Oh and those diamond spotlights are non edible. I did inform the customer to remove it before consumption.



  Say Hi there teddies..:D . Forever Friends teddy bears were made out of fondant/gumpaste, hand moulded.



Besides the car cake, there were another 24 pcs of edible image cupcakes to go along. Due to privacy, I have to sensor the images and show only the remaining images which were the birthday boy's favourites and wish list. The flavour for the car cake was chocolate moist cake filled with chocolate ganache, while the cupcakes were butter with creamcheese cupcakes.

Zima smsed me to tell me that the cake was very pretty, cute and delicious and she was very satisfied with it. Thanks so much Zima. I'm more happier when you're happy.:) See you next time. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails